VCW GB 242 EH

I have a plumber friend come and look at it. He is unfamiliar with this model of Vaillant. Anyway he found a drain nipple at the top and drained out a bucket of water there was according to him no air coming out with the water. Now on switching on the entire sytem is dead not a sound - no fan - nowt?

Sponsored Links
I have a plumber friend come and look at it. He is unfamiliar with this model of Vaillant. Anyway he found a drain nipple at the top and drained out a bucket of water there was according to him no air coming out with the water. Now on switching on the entire sytem is dead not a sound - no fan - nowt?

Clearly a lack of knowledge
The drain, more likely the vent nipple if that is the item I refer to, is located at a high point in the boiler to evacuate air from top of the boiler. Who in His right mind will remove a bucket of water when all that is required is purge a small amount of air

There are other drain nipples that will allow a fair amount of water to be drawn from the boiler with no sign of air

over heat stat now tripped possibly hence nothing happening
Gas had forgotten this boiler would have been your workload too besides likes of Bermudas, Ideal E Types to name a few. Cracking boiler, perhaps not as well made as the sine 18 for which I still have a heat exchanger ( will not get used now)

Sponsored Links
Gas had forgotten this boiler would have been your workload too besides likes of Bermudas, Ideal E Types to name a few. Cracking boiler, perhaps not as well made as the sine 18 for which I still have a heat exchanger ( will not get used now)
They were a lot easier to sort than a sine most common fault on them was the servo not moving fully doddle to fit nuisance to get the air out at times

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back