Vent axia CENTRA Lo-Carbon SELV HT extractor fan won’t boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electrician has fitted our vent axia centra lo Carbon SELV HT fan.

Upon turning the fan on it starts in trickle mode. The humidistat kicks in when the room becomes humid. But the light switch wired in as per the wiring diagrams does not activate the boost mode.

Can anyone offer any advice as it why the switch isn’t activating the boost mode?

Our sparky played around with it for ages and could not get the remote boost via the light switch to work.

Help!

Sponsored Links
Either not wired up properly, dip switches not set properly, run timers not set properly or controller or fan faulty. You need to get him back to sort it.

The timer is set to the minimum 3 minutes at the moment.

dip switch 2 is “off” so the boost should’ve on the max setting.

no indication in the instructions as to what dip switch 1 does. It just says something about it should be on for constant trickle. No mention of what off does. Do you have any idea?!

perhaps that’s it?

Sponsored Links
  1. BOOST SPEED SELECTION (Fig. 9)
    (443175A - Timer, 443176A - Humidistat-Timer and 443177A - Humidistat-Pullcord models only) The fan has two boost speed settings for different installation requirements:
    •  Max speed: Dip switch 2 in the ‘OFF’ position. (Fig.10)

•  15l/s speed: Dip switch 2 should be in the ‘ON’ position. (Factory set) (Fig.10)

Dip switch 1 should be in the ‘ON’ position for constant trickle mode.

My reading of the instructions is as confused as yours by that statement about dip switch 1. I would try it in off position & if it still won't boost you are still left with faulty fan or controller or the wiring. It is a fairly simple circuit so I doubt it is the way it has been connected so personally I would be taking the fan & controller back to the supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back