Veritas Alarm wont set

I would replace the battery first, they can cause numerous problems. Then concentrate on getting it working.
When I opened up the control panel I turned the main power off and it was still working, is that not sufficient to say the battery is at least ok or you still recommend to change it?

Sponsored Links
0CF451CB-847E-49AC-8026-4E73D978BC37.jpeg
Ok so I’ve opened up the Z4 PIR on the affected zone. Doesn’t look right to me but I’ll let you guys comment.

Ok, so your saying it’s wired up properly and that it’s done that way due to a possible cable issue in the past? That’s a possibility as they’ve had rats over the years.
If it’s wired up properly now why do you think the tamper is on? Faulty PIR or Mr Rat came back?

Sponsored Links
Put wire link in zone 4,this should clear fault.
Have you got a multimeter or can you get hold of one.
Your need to test the cable.
Optex Rx40 are a good stable pir ,don't think detector is faulty?

Yeah I’ve got a multi meter, I should test the continuity? What’s the best way to test each core on a long wire like this?

Remove all the wires at panel end and pir twist all the cores together at one end and see what cores are down!

Such a simple solution, thanks!!

Just for my information, so I get the wires have been doubled up from the pir to CP Z4, I assume the red and black from the pir go to the CP AUX, but I’m not sure where the white and blue wires from the PIR end up at the CP. Should they be running to the tamper on the CB5 terminal on the CP (I believe this is the global tamper)? Since I only see two wires here maybe there is a hidden terminal block where all the tampers are joined? Sorry if this is nonsense, just trying to learn.

Ok, so the pir that I thought was the problem, before checking all the cores I thought I’d just put a wire across the Z4 tamper to see if the tamper went out, after resetting, the tamper was still on, if this was the only problem the tamper should have gone out?

The other PIR that the builders ripped off, I mentioned I had put in a terminal block but joining the tampers, is this correct? This is a picture of that.
AEFA35D5-68CB-4BDE-82FB-50CEE9EA1399.jpeg

And just to show, this was what I did for putting a wire across Z4.
E4B43F49-ADDC-4C29-BA9C-1B2D2142B9C0.jpeg

Is what I’ve done for Z4/Z5 ok?
If so what do you suggest for locating the tamper?

Thanks!

On the panel it looks like the global tamper zone is Blue and White cores, the N/C alarm zones are Green and Yellow cores.
If that’s the case on the terminal block you have linked the G and Y together to form a closed Zone circuit (correct) but you have separated the B and W (tamper circuit) so this will show a tamper fault, you need to link them together.

Ok, yes that makes sense now, so I’ve broken the global tamper circuit by not joining the blue/white together.

One step at at time ....remove the blue and white wires in the pcb marked TAMP ....put in a link ( as you have on zone 4 ) box it back up and press reset ....if it clears all good ...move on to the next step ...

I’ve made the complete tamper circuit by tracing all the wires
976B8A52-0E30-4053-9520-CFA2FCBABCBB.jpeg
Then I checked the continuity. Checking white that connects to PCB tamper didn’t work when connected to the dining room.
I checked blue from PCB tamper to dining room and it was fine.
So i think this tells me there is a problem with the cable that runs to the door contact. Didn’t get time to take wires off door contact and join them to test if it’s the cable or door contact at fault.
Does what I’ve done make sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back