Veritas Burglar Alarm

Sponsored Links
If your really really stuck and want the rest of the abode protected, read the user manual and omit the circuit.............................of course assuming it is not a tamper fault.

Tamper light does come on when trying to set. Sorry does that make a difference?

Sponsored Links
ok we are getting somewhere now,
if you are feeling up to it,
open up the main panel, THERE WILL BE MAINS POWER, the tamper will go off,
put in your code to silence it.
take out the tamer wires from the tamper terminals and fit a small piece of wire between the terminals to short them out, then try arming the system.
tell us what happens then.

When you try to set it - does it beep 9 times to tell you the tamper circuit is open? Or does one of the other zones keep bleeping and never set?

Wow, after about 30 years fitting security systems your telling me how to open up a panel and see if the tamper circuit is "open".
Let alone I could use my test meter or cable tracker with the continuity option selected.

So when I pop the panel open, is there any danger of mains electricity going down my trouser leg if I decide to lick the battery?

Then will the panic alarm work if i only press one of the buttons?

Why does the shock sensor blink at night?
( Trick question here, lets see if your up to it).

How is it the DT ( not a drink problem) can see thru walls and know the central heating is on?

I await your obvious immense knowledge base.

It's PP (not pattern processing) - Psychic Power. :p

When you try to set it - does it beep 9 times to tell you the tamper circuit is open? Or does one of the other zones keep bleeping and never set?

Joe is correct, 9 bleeps is a tamper.
Otherwise it could be 3 bleeps...............thats zone 3 open...............or 5 bleeps and it is zone 5...........get the drift?

alarm, I was talking to the OP, not you!
I did make a mistake forgetting there was mains, but there you go if I'm an amateur.
shock sensor blinks at night because you can't see it blinking in the day?

Neither. After entering the code and selecting full with zone 3 omitted, tamper light will come on, all zones bar 3 light up apart from 1 and 2 which flash at different rates. No bleeping. Zone 1 is where I'm standing so understandable but no reason for zone 2. After pressing "prog" I then get the double beep, presumably because im standing in front of sensor 1. As I leave the house, and thus move out of the way if sensor 1, the double beep remains, in other words, I don't get the single beep that is the exit tone. Stand outside the house, and the alarm goes off.

The longish double beep is the exit tone. Have you tried a walk test to see what lights up?

The longish double beep is the exit tone. Have you tried a walk test to see what lights up?

No. Will have to try later as baby son asleep.

So what is the single beep that normally follows the double beep?

The single (longish) beep is the entry timer. The short single beep is the final exit going out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back