Veritas Burglar Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have had a Veritas Burglar Alarm for four years. Never had a problem until the other day when it refused to arm (one zone is always "in fault" and cannot be cleared). The electrician that installed it has had a look and thinks its the main processor in the panel which has gone. He is certain that its not a faulty PIR.

While I completely trust his judgement (used him for years - never had issues), I cannot believe that this "processor" has gone after just four years. Does anyone else have experience of this?

Sponsored Links
The processor couldn't have gone after that amount of time, if you wanted to, get a piece of wire and put it so it shorts out the problematic zone terminals on the main circuit board, then try arming the system,
if the fault has gone, then the PIR is broken.

if the fault hasn't gone, the panel is faulty, you should contact Texecom for a new veritas panel.

Please try not to be offended here..............

alumni, your not included, as you know the score.

OP your "Electrician" is talking B@@locks.
Your new friend is also singing from the same hymen...............

You have a PIR going faulty? , actually, you have a cable fault, but your being mugged off.

I suggest you have the cable to the detector checked by a professional, not a Muppet.

And you ,and or your new found friend seriously think you will have a free replacement after 4 years?

Texecom are good, but not that fookin good...................

Thanks for the giggle

Sponsored Links
I don't think that my electrician is a muppet at all - in fact I consider that comment is wholly unfair given the quality work he has done for me on numerous occasions over the past ten years or so - I just think that this time he has just got it plain wrong.

No harm in asking Texecom for advice - I fully appreciate that no matter how annoying I'm not going to get a new panel for gratis.

No harm in asking Texecom for advice - I fully appreciate that no matter how annoying I'm not going to get a new panel for gratis.
You're missing the point.

There are discussions elsewhere about Texecom offering advice and assistance to end users WITHOUT referring them back to the normal supply channels.

Your electrician is a rip off merchant. bet he's been fleecing you for years. :rolleyes:

Instead of getting your "Electrician" get an alarm engineer out. NSI (Nacoss), or SSAIB. Then get a true diagnosis.

I didn't come on here to ask for comments on my choice of electrician, I came on here to get a solution to my problem.

Anyone care to add something constructive? Help me get the alarm working first, then I'll consider my choice of tradesman.

Thanks

Fix the cable fault.

Sack your so called "friendly" Sparky.

If your really really stuck and want the rest of the abode protected, read the user manual and omit the circuit.............................of course assuming it is not a tamper fault :D

Oh yeah, sack the twonker who thinks it is a processor issue.

Sparkies are good at sparking, leave the clever stuff to people that know!

( going to get slaughtered (yes not mispelt))
But the real people here know what I mean.
Your being mugged off here, big time.

Alarm";p="2231461 said:
Sack your so called "friendly" Sparky.

if you think i am being friendly, i am and also trying to help as best i am.
i mean i can install accentas, veritas' and other simple panels, but not a galaxy with 200 zones, all EOL, with 4 external bell boxes, and i know the regulars could.
so- i only help as best I can on simple stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back