Veritas burgler alarm control panel lock down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have really big problem 2 years ago the alarm was installed at my house and now one of the sensor has come off from its orignal place and its hanging this has caused the control panel to lock down i think and the temper light is flashing red. I need to use the alarm today and i have been trying to reset it but have failed. I read on other forums that engineer code is required to reset the contol panel. I have the code but i don't know how to put it in so i am hoping someone could help, the engniere code i got was 1234

Sponsored Links
You need to repair your sensor , this should allow you to reset the panel with your user code and press reset.

You could set the alarm by manually ommiting the tamper zone (assuming this has not been barred in programming).

Do this as you would a standard zone - the tamper loop is 'zone 9'.

Obviously you need to sort this out though.

Interestingly, if you want to set the alarm with a power fault, omit 'zone 0'.

You could set the alarm by manually ommiting the tamper zone (assuming this has not been barred in programming).

Do this as you would a standard zone - the tamper loop is 'zone 9'.

Obviously you need to sort this out though.

Interestingly, if you want to set the alarm with a power fault, omit 'zone 0'.

thx for a quick reply, i have tried to set the alarm but it just won't let me even do that its completly lock down i have tried entering the eng code and pressing reset it does not work and temper light continually flashes but yh tomarow i will try to fix the sensor and see if that is any use and then try reset it thx for your reply though. Now only i know how the sensor was joined to celling at first place lol

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the sensor has shorted out and blown a fuse on the control board?
Do the red lights on the sensors still flash when you walk in front of them?
Best bet is to fix/replace the sensor which is hanging down first.

I wonder if the sensor has shorted out and blown a fuse on the control board?
Do the red lights on the sensors still flash when you walk in front of them?
Best bet is to fix/replace the sensor which is hanging down first.
the red light comes on in the senor when u walk front of it even the faulty one works when u walk front of it. I would fix it now but my parents are sleeping and scared that it will go off lol so will do it tomaorw morning and will let you all know. I could have got it fixed calling and engineer but that would cost me 30 quid plus any other parts replacing charges so i am trying to fix it myself but thx to all for replies

What happend when you enter YOUR code nd press full? Exit tone start?

If it does, pressing OMIT, then 9, then PROG should be all you need to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back