veritas r8 bellbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,
just finished installing my alarm.
3 P.I.Rs and 2 bell boxes.
1 of the bellboxes strobe light will not stop flashing, tried to make sense of the user guide, but i must be missing something, any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
you have connected it wrong. dissconnect any wire in the panel stobe output terminal for tonight

I was going to say look in the sticky, but my alarm album is not there, i will have to do it again

thanks breezer,
wont be setting tonight anyway, ladders out tomoz and sort it..thnks

Breezer
hang on a min, just thought..
i had to check it again for some reason and i am sure all the connections are sound, can you think of anything else?

Sponsored Links
yes everything is texecom.
the pairs for the 2 bellboxes are twisted into the right terminals as well...any ideas?

yes everything is texecom.
the pairs for the 2 bellboxes are twisted into the right terminals as well...any ideas?

that cant be right now can it. if it was your strobe would not be flashing

if they were both wrong both strobes would be flashing, i say you have wired one wrong, but wait until tomorrow when its light

Can you see if BOTH green LEDs are flashing alternatly on the bell box?

What colours have you used for each connection at each bell box, and also the panel?

12V

0V

Bell (hold off)

Strobe

Tamper

The extra wire you need to use when you have two bell boxes

i beg to differ, you cdont need an extra wire with 2 bell boxes, just the five.
you connect them in the panel with neg return from bell A being neg supply to bell B

so you have 1 wire in neg and one wire in neg return, all others have 2

The tamper return of the first sounder is connected to the negative supply of the 2nd sounder. This means if either sounder is tampered the alarm is activated

If you were to wire them all in paralel each sounder would provide a return to say everything is ok, so in order to create a tamper you would have to remove both sounders

ok breezer and other chappies...

S = BLACK
D = YELLOW
C = BLUE
B = RED
A = GREEN

I have taken these connections from the bell box and terminated them into the same positions in the control panel...

The second bell box has been entirely repeated as above, so there is 2 wires in each terminal in the control panel..

5 CORES USED FROM SIX, 1 LEFT OVER FROM EACH BOX...??

The tamper return of the first sounder is connected to the negative supply of the 2nd sounder. This means if either sounder is tampered the alarm is activated

If you were to wire them all in paralel each sounder would provide a return to say everything is ok, so in order to create a tamper you would have to remove both sounders

Have you tried this with Texecom sounders? I recall someone having issues with this config because of Texecom's Engineer Hold-off. (MSW1 isn't directly connected to Tamper Return)

aptsys, thanks for reply,
no i have not tried anything yet, going from my colours i gave you, what ones should i join together from the boxes ?

You want to connect the yellow from bell box 1 to the blue of bell box 2 in a separate terminal block. This will leave you with just one wire in C and D in the panel.

I'd still recommend Texecom's way of connecting multiple sounders though if you are using Texecom sounders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back