Veritas r8 green light flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I have an old Veritas r8 alarm. Last night I went to set it and the green set light was flashing. I have check the fuss in the power spur and that's fine. Took cover of panel check fusses with meter and seem fine. Noticed battery was hot so unattached it. Then the green light stopped flashing. So I reconnected the battery and the light started to flash again.
Can anybody help. Many thanks in advance Adrian

Sponsored Links
Is the battery as old as the panel?

The battery needs to be replaced EVERY 4/5 years or the above at the very least will happen.

A healthy battery.

Voltage is NO indication that there is any capacity available, in the same way
that fumes smelt in your car fuel tank is NO indication that petrol exists!

Sponsored Links
To be honest you have answered your own question ....hot battery .... light stops when you disconnect it ....disconnect it now ....as A it may damage your panel ...and B it could be a fire risk ...

Hi there new battery ordered and in place. Green light is now not flashing. All seems to be good now. Thank you all for your help.
Adrian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back