very high earth loop impedence zs

on one of the sockets im getting like 28.0 ohms

What is you Ze? Have you done R1+R2's to ensure between ccu and sockets/lighting is ok? As said above the maximum is 200ohms with RCD protection, you could try driving in another rod. How deep have you gone so far?

Why would you want to drive in another rod with a Zs reading of 28 ohms on a TT system ?

Sponsored Links
all i have coming in is a L and N into the meter

and no i have not measured ze yet,will be tomorrow tho

wot do you suggest?

just 1m rod,but to be honest was not that difficult to drive in compared to some rods i have driven in

thats y i was fancying driving another one in on top,but then i found this helpful forum and thaught i would put it to you guys

regards

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to drive in another rod with a Zs reading of 28 ohms on a TT system ?

To get the reading as low as possible. He said it wasn't a struggle to drive 1m in so why not put more in and reduce Ze even more? I hate relying on RCD for obvious reasons.

To get the reading as low as possible. He said it wasn't a struggle to drive 1m in so why not put more in and reduce Ze even more? I hate relying on RCD for obvious reasons.

You've not much choice with a TT system!!

I've yet to find anywhere in West Yorkshire where a PME upgrade isn't available for £75.

It depends on what the Ze (or Ra) reading is, the 28 ohms could be coming from the MEB to the water or gas or via a neighbouring property or another path which could be considered unreliable.
As long as the Ze is less than 200 ohms (in the worst conditions possible) then the electrode is OK.

no i have not measured ze yet,will be tomorrow tho
It shouldn't have taken long to measure the Ze while you were completing other tests...

But now, today, what did the Ze come out at? If it is a PME system then Ze < 0.35&#937;. If it isn't then you need to get the DNO on the phone to sort it out. It is their responsibility to maintain an earth if provided.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back