Vibrating pressure gauge on Ideal ICOS HE15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as subject say my ideal icos he15 pressure gauge is vibrating / tickling and it is loud enough to be annoying. pressure is approx 1.5bar cold, 2bar hot. i tried bleeding some water from the system, venting rads (no air in rads), refilling system etc to no avail. it is possible that the built in expansion vessel needs pressurising?

Sponsored Links
Could it be that you have thermostatic radiator valves on all rads, and the guage is vibrating only when the system is hot and the trv's are closed or closing down ?
If that is the case then one radiator should have no thermostatic valve on it to ensure that the pump always has somewhere to pump to. As a method of proving if this is causing the vibration, remove one of the trv sensor heads, then see if this stops the vibration, Kev.

Sponsored Links
Fixed this problem by bleeding out sufficient water to bring pressure to 0 bar. then removed bleed screw from highest rad on system. then with bike pump and pressure gauge i repressurised the built in expansion vessel to 0.7 bar approx. excess water can then flow out of the bleed screw in the towel rad. i then refilled the system with water, brought pressure to 1.2 bar cold. system is now working fine with no vibration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back