VIC test

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi - do i need to apply for a vic test again, even though i have the certificate from the one that was done when i boght the car from the seller ?...all we have done is just moved addresses, so iasked dvla to send me a new log book, same keeper, myself but just moved houses...and they have sent me a application form to apply for a vic test ?...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
so am I, I didnt fancy people coming back & saying you didnt know that.. :oops:
Wonder If we will find out & go bloody hell... :mrgreen:

Its a Vehicle Identity Check - applicable ( I think) to cars that have been stolen and then recovered.
John :)

Ah..No I have never heard of it..But thanks, hope it comes up in the quizz night.. :D

Thanks John, none of mine are worth enough for that to happen, they also have the best anti theft device - a Citroen badge :D

Peter

Its a Vehicle Identity Check - applicable ( I think) to cars that have been stolen and then recovered.
John :)

It's for when vehicles are put back on the road after being insurance write off's to ensure it's not 2 cars weleded into one amongst other things.

Yes category C insurance write offs must have a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) before they can get a new log book.
You dont get the log book when you buy a Cat C repairable vehicle.

Category D you get the log book with the car

Yes category C insurance write offs must have a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) before they can get a new log book.
You dont get the log book when you buy a Cat C repairable vehicle.

Category D you get the log book with the car

Never had a log book with the 3 D cat cars iv'e bought

Sponsored Links
Back