Viessmann Warranty!

Sponsored Links
I think this is now the second major negative about Viessmanns' aftersales service, and the use of subcontract engineers, however as with all things there are good and bad.
I offer my clients the Viessmann as an option, but when I explain that the company do not use in house engineers, all decide not to accept the Viessmann option. Customers don't trust a company that do not invest properly in their aftersales service.

hi pal i understand your frustrations with them. over the bad frost my mrs pal had a viessman fitted which failed within 2 weeks ( fan) I couldn't locate a new fan from hrpc and they couldn't get to her for a week.

Another customer, a builder has had murders with their "5 year guarantee" they seem to be trying harder not to honour it every time they hear from him. It really is worthless in my opinion. (as it is with other manufacturers!)

I'm a reg worcester bosch installer. their 5 year warranty is absolutely quibble free. Thats why i use them! ...and the products excellent as well! Next or same day service. a real no quibble guarantee

Sponsored Links
service agents ? like most things there are good & bad , in most cases (all?) the boiler manu is not responsible ( legally ) for the actions of the service agent , any warranty given by the boiler manu has got nothing to do with the installer , & unless the installer purchases the boiler direct from the manu he has no come back on the boiler manu (legally ) should any problems arise !

Most of these 5 year + warrantys probably do not amount to a bag of beans ( maybe ?)

All manufacturers who only have staff engineers will only employ the minimum number required during the year. During the busy cold weather they will struggle to get to customers within 3-4 days or longer.

Five years ago Worcester failed to get anyone to a two week boiler with a failed fan from before Christmas until after new year!

I could have fixed it with a new fan.

Those who use service agents have a big advantage in getting someone out the same or next day in most cases.

Tony

In reply to [Agile] Tony Glazier's two questions:

Where is MM when we need him?

He is becoming very disillusioned by posts knocking what he has written.

I can appreciate that you can become disappointed by some of the replies that people write on forums. Thats largely the nature of forums that allow people who hide their identity to reply.

In my view your input is valuable, but you do advertise.

Its also understandable that you may feel restrained about replying when things have gone badly wrong.

The worst case was on another forum where a Viess listed installer made a complete mess of an installation, assulted the householder and eventually had to remove the boiler under police supervision. If anyone wanted a link to that thread then Doitall will probably be happy to oblige or he might agree that I could post a link here.

Tony

But if thats a fixed price repair just how can you do it at that price if it included spare parts?

If not then your site IS confusing. Better to reply about it in the CC. Look forward to seeing you there!

To quote Mark's site:

I don’t have hourly rates, just set service charges, so you know exactly what the bill comes to, before I get there (plus spares of course).

Doesn't seem too confusing to me :p

MM,

Don't take it personally, but as an installer we don't just choose a boiler to fit because it looks good, we buy into the whole manufacturer set up, and I personally keep an eye & ear out for feedback about the manufacturers products, and their service back up.
I want to fit more of your products, I like your products and I explain that to my customers. We all know what the end user wants, a reliable product with good aftersales. I have to advise my customer which manfs use their own engineers as it's a selling point.

I used to fit a lot of Broags before they merged, they also had a problem using agents, and when there was a problem it could become protracted as it did on occasion. I now keep some spares of the most common faults, but can rely on Heat Team.

Also as a WBAI I have the support from WB.

As I have already said, I like your products, they are easier to service (strip down) than other models, technically and the build quality they are superior to other models. (I tell my customers this)

But I let my customers choose their boiler based on all the information I can honestly give them.

P.S do you have agents in the Notts/ S Yorks area or do you have direct guys? I have emailed your rep this question a few weeks back, but didn't get a reply.

If a manufacturer uses service agent most give them about one job a week, if that. A staff engineer needs 30-40 jobs a week.

So a manufacturer can have ten times as many service agents which means there will be more and closer particularly in remote areas. As they only have a job a week they can respond far quicker than a staff engineer with a list to work through.

Of course because a few service agents do leave a little to be desired there will always be some complaints. But I think they are better for the customer.

Tony

Its quite good.

Use his screen name in a search!

On my Google he is at number four!

Tony

Cheers Agile

Must admit i was expecting alot more , personally i thing the best thing about it is the name .........if all ya want to do is fit Vaillant

Since Vaillant have a market share of perhaps 18% in private housing then it will still generate a good number of repairs.

Particularly when they are not as reliable as they used to be.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back