View of roof for purchase of house

"Pagoda roof" and "header pike" are not UK construction terms.

In the UK, thats most likely a traditional "cut rafter roof" (unless it's a system build house). The tip of a gable is the "apex"
 
Poster #16,
Your wrong about Pagoda & what you confusedly call "header pike", as though "header pike" was one word.

You dont even understand that I'm using the correct term Pagoda to describe that kind of damaged roof. I'm not describing how the roof was built - I'm naming its damaged appearance.
Pagoda was used by roofers when I asked them to look at a roof job with a similar shaped damage.
I've also seen the term in a couple of RICS surveyors reports.

You dont seem to know what a "snapped header" is - & where & why they would be used on a gable.

The term "pike", a very common term, refers to the gable from the snapped header line up to the peak.
 
I disagree in part, unless those plains are delaminating?

Apart from the unsightly ripped tarred building paper, it looks healthy enough from what I can see. There is a chance that ferrous fixings were used for the battens and (if any) for the tiles. If that is the case, then it could do with a re-roof.

The ex-con tile gapping on the verge is a normal sight for unfixed or unrestrained tiles.

The missing R/H corner tile (hanging) could be repaired with some cleverly shaped lead.
I stripped this off recently, they can look a lot worse underneath.
 

Attachments

  • 1791567214476.png
    1791567214476.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 2

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top