Hi,
I've bought and fitted a vintage toilet for downstairs WC.
It's all plumbed in, fills ok, connected to waste pipes in corner of the room. I've replaced the internal filling mechanism and flush with brand new kit, and have no issues with speed of fill etc.
However, when I flush, it fills up the bowl and then fairly slowly exits. There's no whoosh of waste disappearing, meaning solids and even loo roll doesn't really go. It takes a few goes to get rid of anything.
I have added a durco valve, even raised the toilet up on a plinth thinking there wasn't enough of a fall. I wondered if anyone could advise before I scrap the toilet completely and get a brand new one?
Is it the lack of fall out the back?
Thank you in advance!
I've bought and fitted a vintage toilet for downstairs WC.
It's all plumbed in, fills ok, connected to waste pipes in corner of the room. I've replaced the internal filling mechanism and flush with brand new kit, and have no issues with speed of fill etc.
However, when I flush, it fills up the bowl and then fairly slowly exits. There's no whoosh of waste disappearing, meaning solids and even loo roll doesn't really go. It takes a few goes to get rid of anything.
I have added a durco valve, even raised the toilet up on a plinth thinking there wasn't enough of a fall. I wondered if anyone could advise before I scrap the toilet completely and get a brand new one?
Is it the lack of fall out the back?
Thank you in advance!
