Visonic Detector eating batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can offer some help. I have a Visonic Powermaster system with some MP-802 motion detectors. It was fitted a couple of years ago and has worked fine for the most part ever since, apart from the fact that one of the detectors first popped up with a replace battery message after about 18 months and since then it has gone through one battery every three months (when they should last years). All of the other detectors are still on their original batteries.

I have checked the signal several times (always says strong) and that the device settings are the same as the other devices.

Any ideas what is wrong or would I just be best to assume it is faulty and replace it with a new one?

Appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. No, nothing has changed in that area since it was put in (or in the system generally).

just a thought are you using different batteries or from a different source ??
try the new batteries in a different device and those in the "problem device"
you may have to go through 2 complete batteries just to rule out a random duff battery

Sponsored Links
just a thought are you using different batteries or from a different source ??
try the new batteries in a different device and those in the "problem device"
you may have to go through 2 complete batteries just to rule out a random duff battery

A good idea thanks, but one I've already tried - the last two batteries have been different manufacturers but both lasted about three months.

do they have the amp hour or mah capacity as they may be say 1/3 the "fuel "??

do they have the amp hour or mah capacity as they may be say 1/3 the "fuel "??

Not that I can see on the batteries unfortunately. The one I have put in now is the same Panasonic Industrial one that it had originally (and the others all have still) so I'll see if this one lasts a bit longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back