Fault with Visonic Powermax alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a visonic powermax alarm. It is currently in memory as it says that one of the detectors has a low battery. I have changed the battery four time with new identical batteries and I have taken a battery from another detector and switched it with the detector with the low battery, but the system still says the detector has a low battery?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I was wondering whether the detector is faulty and needs replacing?

Sponsored Links
Checked you got the right zone? Just because it says Lounge, doesnt mean that detector is actually installed in the Lounge.

Sponsored Links
When you remove the old battery, short out the battery terminals on the detector or wait for at least five minutes. The detectors can remember that the battery was flat and get it wrong when the new battery goes in.

Try and make sure that the new battery (and detector, if possible) are warm when you put it in. Batteries have a positive temperature coefficient and the low-battery-detection-circuit, a zener diode, has a negative temperature coefficient. Lithium batteries have a very stable discharge voltage and then fail quickly. Consequently, most lithium-powered devices can show low battery when they are cold.

Try a walk test when you're done to make sure that the detector sends its status to the panel.

LOL

I'd tried the above which had made no difference and was why I posted asking if anyone had found a solution to the problem.

If anyone else has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Is it worth trying deleting the detector from the system altogether, then re-enrolling 'as new', see if that clears it. Should only take a couple of mins?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back