Visonic SR740-PH2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post and although I’m not great at DIY, I’m fairly savvy with IT/radios by trade (Royal Signals) so this one baffles me, all comments appreciated. Two questions relating to Visonic and specifically Powermaster 10 G2 and siren.

(1)My external siren bell isn’t self testing or showing any LEDs like the instructions state. I’m presuming it’s faulty but would appreciate a steer if you think otherwise? Battery’s are connected and it’s enrolled to the powermaster 10 G2, but not networked?

(2) My powermaster control device is flashing (Not Ready Mem Trbl) but can’t see this fault indicator in the FAQs. Help?

All very frustrating, it’s a new device.
Thank you in advance to the experts and self taught mafia reading this.

Andy

Sponsored Links
A lot of Visonic equipment has the option of being configured to use different radio frequencies depending on which country's regulation apply. ( 315 , 433, 686 MHz and others ). Are the siren and the rest of the system set to the same radio frequency ?. ( not sure if this is a user option )

[B]From the Visonic Glossary[/B] said:

Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)

This technology is based on advanced radio technology for secure and reliable message transmission under adverse battle conditions. With FHSS, the bandwidth is divided into multiple channels. Once a wireless connection is established and time-synchronization is gained, the receiver and transmitter agree on one of the practically infinite frequency hopping sequences. These sequences are both encrypted and time-dependent. According to the current time and a mathematical calculation, both the receiver and transmitter jump to the next channel in the sequence at the same time. Read more about how PowerG uses this technology

Is FHSS allowed on a Licence Exempt radio channel in the UK ?

No no no Bernard you either buy a 868 or 433 part there is no magic switch ....

there is no magic switch ....
A lot of equipment has an RF module that has a "magic set of solder links" to change the operating frequency and these are set during manufacture.

I was just wondering if the OP had bought the siren from an overseas source and therefore it was set to a frequency used in that country and not the same as the system.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, first post and although I’m not great at DIY, I’m fairly savvy with IT/radios by trade (Royal Signals) so this one baffles me, all comments appreciated. Two questions relating to Visonic and specifically Powermaster 10 G2 and siren.

(1)My external siren bell isn’t self testing or showing any LEDs like the instructions state. I’m presuming it’s faulty but would appreciate a steer if you think otherwise? Battery’s are connected and it’s enrolled to the powermaster 10 G2, but not networked?

(2) My powermaster control device is flashing (Not Ready Mem Trbl) but can’t see this fault indicator in the FAQs. Help?

All very frustrating, it’s a new device.
Thank you in advance to the experts and self taught mafia reading this.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Definately 'self taught mafia' category here, but until the experts turn up, to try and help I have a few questions...

The 'not networked' message usually means the panel can't see the siren. Is the siren mounted in position or are you testing before installation? Just wondering if its something daft like not being in range of the panel (i.e. poor signal strength) which you can test by moving them closer together.

When you say the siren isn't showing LEDs do you mean the 'Activity LED' which flashes once every few seconds? I presume you've enabled this in the device settings menu?

The Not Ready / Mem / Trbl messages usually remain until you've reviewed them all one at a time on the panel by keep pressing the 'OK' button

Hi all. Yes I don’t believe it to be a frequency issue and it’s been purchased from a UK Visonic dealer (Map security) as a job lot. The siren issue concerns me as it doesn’t even self test (LEDs don’t blink once you open the siren
box cover), so I’m swaying towards either dodgy batteries or circuit but there may be a trick in missing. I am testing the siren dismounted and next to the panel so no signal strength issue should be the case.

I didn’t realise I had to clear / read each message to clear the Not Ready memory trouble therefore I’ll take a look at doing this .

Good news for the memory troubles cleared. It appears they were all linked to the control panel being open (tamper troubles) and working off the backup battery (no AC power) and door contact open (zone issue) - all cleared now and fully functional.

Having said all that the siren still not working or wanting to do a self BIT.

Two new questions that are not answered in the instructions:

(1) Soak test minimum period is 7 days. What report/output will I expect to receive after the 7 day soak test? Clearly I can’t arm it whilst it’s soaking?

(2) Zone Pairing? This functions explanation doesn’t appear to be anywhere online or in the power max instructions, what does it mean? Does it essentially mean all zone configurations are cloned? If so which zone is the clone?

All help appreciated, fellow Mafias.

Andy

Hi Andy

Good news on the memory troubles.

Unfortunately it does look like the siren may be dodgy - presume you've tried deleting it off and adding it back in etc?
As for new questions...

(1) - Never done it but I believe you select which zone(s) are going to participate in the soak test and that zone(s) won't cause an alarm for the duration on test. The other zones will behave normally.

(2) - Not a clue. No mention in any of the manuals I have. You mentioned Power Max... you do mean PowerMaster don't you?

You may need to consult your suppliers MAP (I believe they have a presence on these forums but a phone call probably best) as unlikely you'll get assistance directly from Visonic...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back