Vista guide

And all machines are identical in hardware and in software, so there won't be a problem... ;)

Sponsored Links
So what hardware will stop office working with vista? What software will stop office working with vista? Office 2003 works with vista, get over it. :p

My guess is that you don't have to fix many customer's computer problems when things are incompatible. Experience has taught me never to predict the unpredictable. ;)

Thanks mate yeah i will im going to install it tonight as at the moment i am backing up my computer its going to take 12 discs :eek: but yeah ill let u know :D

Sponsored Links
Not really, since I expect that he will.

You seem to be turning this into some kind of competition, or an attempt to invalidate caution. I don't have the kind of strong feelings about it that you seem to, or that you seem to think that I do.

I don't mind if it works or doesn't work. It's cool either way.:cool:

Stephen07 said:
Thanks mate yeah i will im going to install it tonight as at the moment i am backing up my computer its going to take 12 discs :eek: but yeah ill let u know :D
For this operation, and for the future, you'd be better off buying a low-cost hard disc drive, and cloning your data onto that. No CDs, an unattended operation, and much faster.

Tip: xxcopy is a good cloning tool.

Competition, nothing of the sort - I happen to know that it is compatible, you don't. What's the point of being cautious? How would you cautiously install office 2003? He either installs it or he doesn't. One thing is for sure, if he doesn't install it, it won't work. ;)

gcol said:
Competition, nothing of the sort - I happen to know that it is compatible, you don't.
That's actually not true.

What's the point of being cautious?
Because you can't make a sustainable profit from a computer maintenance business without knowing when to be cautious.

How would you cautiously install office 2003? He either installs it or he doesn't.
Now I think you're being deliberately obtuse. I was talking about being cautious in making claims of compatibility, and in predicting outcomes, not being cautious in pressing buttons having decided to press them. :rolleyes:

Softus said:
You seem to be turning this into some kind of competition, or an attempt to invalidate caution. I don't have the kind of strong feelings about it that you seem to, or that you seem to think that I do.

You were talking about caution with regard to installing Office not general incompatibilities.

gcol said:
Softus said:
You were talking about caution with regard to installing Office not general incompatibilities.
Well you might have been, but I never was.

My point about caution is, and has always been, that I believe the phrase "It will work" to be pointless bravado. I come across things that are supposed to work, but that don't work, all the time. It's a grey world, and black and white predictions of compatibility are something that I avoid.

The difference is that you want to change my mind, but I have no interest in making you think like I do. Or you want to prove me wrong, but I have no interest in proving you wrong.

I just posted my opinion, quite innocuously really; and as I said earlier, whatever the outcome, it's cool either way.

The question was, "i have microsoft office 2003 but when i do install vista home preminum will office 2003 still work or will i have to go out and buy the new office 2007?" The answer is yes it works fine. Here's the proof.
Office2003vista1.JPG

Why you need to cause confusion is beyond me.

I believed you when you said that it worked on your machine - there was no need to post a picture.

I don't know why you're getting so het up about it. If you want to believe that it works on all machines, then by all means do that. If you don't want to, then by all means don't. I'm really not trying to persaude you in either direction.

If it works on Stephen07's machine then everyone will be happy, and that will be just peachy.

WOW guys vista is amazing its really good but its kinda a lil confusing :LOL: yeah office 2003 does work on it :D how do you do that thing in the middle where u can change screens :?:

Sponsored Links
Back