vivaro 53 plate clutch noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all just wanted a heads up on this b4 I go to a garage..when I put the clutch in...to go into 1st gear there is a loud tapping noise..as I bring the clutch to the bite it goes away and the van seems to drive and change gear fine...only does it when I push the clutch peddle down to engage 1st gear :confused:

Sponsored Links
Purely a guess mate but the clutch friction plate has torsional springs within its radius - if they snap the plate does tend to flap about a bit.
Hope its nothing to do with a dual mass (mess) flywheel if there is one :eek:
John :)

your first idea seems logical to me as when the clutch engages the noise stops...is it a big job??

Taking the clutch out is a big enough job - try to avoid the main stealers and go to someone like Mr. Clutch......be prepared for around £400 though.
It could be a good idea to get a second opinion before diving in - and I guess a Vauxhall dealer would be best here.
It could be worth just living with the noise, but being prepared to act if it gets worse.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Main dealers tend to tender this work out, then add a little extra to the bill, so best go independant.

Back