Vokera Excell Boiler Spare Part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in great need of a spare part for a Vokera Excell 80 SP Boiler, Air Baffle, Part No 5924. My boiler has been made condemed by British Gas because the manufacturer has made this part obselete now, they have said the only way I would get the part would be if anyone was getting rid of the same boiler as mine and I could get that part from it, they said my boiler is absolutely fine other than this part which costs only £1.06, can anyone please help as my elderly sick folks stay with me and I cannot afford a new boiler. I have searched and placed orders with companies who have all came back saying the part of obselete. Please help

Sponsored Links
How did Scottish Gas get involved in this debacle? Have they been servicing your boiler or did you call them out to fix your boiler?

How did Scottish Gas get involved in this debacle? Have they been servicing your boiler or did you call them out to fix your boiler?

Yes I have a service agreement with them and they are telling me that unless I get this part of a new boiler, they won't be able to fix it anymore if it breaks down. They are saying they cannot get the part as it obselete.

Sponsored Links
what is wrong with your original air baffle??

British Gas says it's broke and that is why the boiler isn't working properly and because it's obselete they cannot get it so I need a new boiler or need to get the air baffle from a spare boiler that someone might to getting rid of.

I have yet to see this baffle break. Why has it become an issue now and not before? I have never seen this item corroded or broken, but have often seen these not fitted by some when a fan is replaced or top of the heat exchanger exposed..

I am sure I have a set somewhere but you may find you service provider unwilling to fit a part that is not new.

Sad, a good boiler is to be trashed.

You could always ask manufacturer for local independent service agents. It'll cost you for a visit but may save fitting a new boiler.

I am guessing that its one of the baffles which go on the left and right just above the heat exchanger.

Although it directs the air flow within the boiler its a bit rich in my view to say that its going to be seriously dangerous without it.

Apart from anything else whats meant to be wrong with the old one?

They could be made up from a bit of sheet metal.

Tony

Tony would you fabricate such a baffle from sheet metal? Furthermore, would you then undersign the task as having been carried out by yourself?

OP, have you seen the broken baffles?

This is just typical of a company that pays a bonus to it's service engineers to sell new boilers!! While your boiler is far from a modern appliance, I'm sure most of the Glasgow guys(myself included) on here would be willing to help.

Firstly, lets try to establish the part number for the baffle & we'll take it from there. Perhaps it will require a site visit by a RGI - just to establish the correct faulty part required.

If you are genuine & in the East end, I could get one of our guys to call in & have a look.

I have yet to see this baffle break. Why has it become an issue now and not before? I have never seen this item corroded or broken, but have often seen these not fitted by some when a fan is replaced or top of the heat exchanger exposed..

I am sure I have a set somewhere but you may find you service provider unwilling to fit a part that is not new.

Sad, a good boiler is to be trashed.

British Gas have advised that if we get the part new or old they will definately come out and fit it for me as part of my service agreement with no charge. I am more than happy to pay you if you have this part. Part Number 5924.

what is wrong with your original air baffle??

British Gas have said it is broken and producing gas emissions and unless I get the part from an old boiler as it's obselete, they have put a condemed sticker on my boiler. It is working just now, but if it breaks down again they said they might not fix it again because of this part needed and that I will need to get a new boiler which I most definately cannot afford.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back