Vokera Excell Boiler Spare Part

Ah, so you are maintaining SG are covering themselves in glory here?? Sorry, but that's not the thread I'm reading or the customer service they are renowned for!!

Oh well, if it's two screws, that'll explain why they didn't refit it??!!

glory? what the **** has that got to do with common sense? if its missing a part that is interfering with combustion, and nobody but the person in front of the boiler has that info, what can either of us say about its performance or safety?

Sponsored Links
not diving in but there are actually two screw holes.

Actually its just ONE hole at the back and one SLOT at the front.

These are not part of the combustion process but to divert the cold air flow away from the sides of the heat exchanger to prevent unecessary cooling.

Thats why I would not have any worries on seeing a boiler with one missing but its difficult to imagine why one would ever be left out.

Tony

no turdy, the baffles are there to slow airflow and prevent lift off from the burner.

a common modification with LPG boilers is to remove them to increase airflow.

Thanks for that Telly Tony, as always I value your comments. From my poor recollection of the appliance, I thought the screw(singular) was at the front & a hook at the back.

However, as we all know, there's only one expert on Vokera on this forum. My highly respected pal DP, for whom I'm eternally grateful.

so you are quite happy to give advice on a boiler you have a "poor recollection" of.

owners rejoice. :rolleyes:

Thank you for a kind word big man.

danny you are one of the few genuine great sources of knowledge on a certain model of boiler, why you choose to associate yourself with a **** of this order is beyond me.

Sponsored Links
not diving in.................'Splash'!!!!!.................. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Look son, it's clear the SC CPSs messed up, again, and this poor lady with sickly elderly people in the house has been left to sort her boiler out!!

Like most people, she has paid for a maintenance plan, but all that seems to be is an opportunity for your fellow CPSs to get a foot in the door & sell new appliances.

'nickso', none of your posts has offered up any assistance, in fact all you have done is abuse Telly Tony, Danny & my good self.

'nickso', none of your posts has offered up any assistance, in fact all you have done is abuse Telly Tony, Danny & my good self.

pot kettle pal.

posters of nonsense and pure conjecture deserve abuse.

if danny thinks my post to him was abuse then i'll apologise, it wasnt meant to be.

all i've done, as always, is give the view from the other side in an informed and factual manner.

is it the left or right baffle thats damaged?

if the boilers been left on it seems the engineer has at most a.r.`d it and left it on at ops discression.

as already mentioned i`ll keep an eye out

is it the left or right baffle thats damaged?

if the boilers been left on it seems the engineer has at most a.r.`d it and left it on at ops discression.

as already mentioned i`ll keep an eye out

The engineer hasn't said, he just said we needed a part and wrote the part on a Scottish Gas checklist form, this was about 3 visits ago as the boiler keeps breaking down and they have to replace a part called a 'Diaphragm' each time (probably spelt it wrong) and each time they come out I get a lecture on how I need a new boiler, how it's condemned because this part is obselete (air baffle) and producing too much gas emmissions, I keep telling them I can't afford a new boiler. I actually hate having to call them out now because of the lecture I get.

tell them you dont want a lecture then.

diaphragm is a common failure on these.

The two baffles are different so the part number will identify which one it is.

Tony

Hi Had a look in the skip today but no luck there will be one in this week i assure you.

Nath

I am in great need of a spare part for a Vokera Excell 80 SP Boiler, Air Baffle, Part No 5924. My boiler has been made condemed by British Gas because the manufacturer has made this part obselete now, they have said the only way I would get the part would be if anyone was getting rid of the same boiler as mine and I could get that part from it, they said my boiler is absolutely fine other than this part which costs only £1.06, can anyone please help as my elderly sick folks stay with me and I cannot afford a new boiler. I have searched and placed orders with companies who have all came back saying the part of obselete. Please help

Hi, just remember british gas engineers get a canny bonus for condemming your boiler to replace it for a new one. get a second appinion,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back