Vokera Excell Boiler Spare Part

Sponsored Links
Tony would you fabricate such a baffle from sheet metal? Furthermore, would you then undersign the task as having been carried out by yourself?

OP, have you seen the broken baffles?

No I haven't seen anything, I am just taking the guys from British Gas's word for it, I am a female and have no idea whatsoever about any of it, British Gas have left me a piece of paper with the boiler name and part number needed and a friend suggested I contacted this site to see if anyone could help me.

i will have a look in the skip at work first thing monday morning. we are pulling out allot of excells 80e and 80sp if i find one ill let you know monday evening.

Nath

you should try some small scrap metal places, whenever i drop some copper of for cash i always see old excells lying around.

Sponsored Links
How did Scottish Gas get involved in this debacle? Have they been servicing your boiler or did you call them out to fix your boiler?

I have a service agreement with them.

So, if their CPSs were servicing? the appliance, it must of been a CPS(cowboy in polo shirt) that damaged/lost the baffle??? Cause as Danny has said & I agree with, never seen a baffle damaged on a boiler like yours!!

How did Scottish Gas get involved in this debacle? Have they been servicing your boiler or did you call them out to fix your boiler?

I have a service agreement with them.

So, if their CPSs were servicing? the appliance, it must of been a CPS(cowboy in polo shirt) that damaged/lost the baffle??? Cause as Danny has said & I agree with, never seen a baffle damaged on a boiler like yours!!

thats so full of holes im not even going to bother.

No, only one hole son, for one screw, at the front where the CPS should have re-fixed the baffle through!!

Perhaps if you put up your contact details, some kind fella will contact you & provide the part......... ;)

Ah, so you are maintaining SG are covering themselves in glory here?? Sorry, but that's not the thread I'm reading or the customer service they are renowned for!!

Oh well, if it's two screws, that'll explain why they didn't refit it??!!

not diving in but there are actually two screw holes.

Actually its just ONE hole at the back and one SLOT at the front.

These are not part of the combustion process but to divert the cold air flow away from the sides of the heat exchanger to prevent unecessary cooling.

Thats why I would not have any worries on seeing a boiler with one missing but its difficult to imagine why one would ever be left out.

Tony

Thanks for that Telly Tony, as always I value your comments. From my poor recollection of the appliance, I thought the screw(singular) was at the front & a hook at the back.

However, as we all know, there's only one expert on Vokera on this forum. My highly respected pal DP, for whom I'm eternally grateful.

to the OP.

pop a contact in your profile, im pretty sure one of the Glasgow RGIs
(myself included) will be keeping an eye out for old Excells lying about the scrappys and our recycle skips, soon as i see one i will remove baffles for you

have you tried Heatspares, Helen St, Govan 0141 445 4830

ask for Caroline or Martin (family owned Independent spares stockists)

might just have one lying around ;)

Thank you for a kind word big man.

No problem Danny, it might make up for your damaged reputation, when you are mistaken for my good self!!............ :LOL: :LOL:

Heatspares in Govan, what a fine company & highly regarded in the industry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back