Vokera Excell Boiler Spare Part

I am in great need of a spare part for a Vokera Excell 80 SP Boiler, Air Baffle, Part No 5924. My boiler has been made condemed by British Gas because the manufacturer has made this part obselete now, they have said the only way I would get the part would be if anyone was getting rid of the same boiler as mine and I could get that part from it, they said my boiler is absolutely fine other than this part which costs only £1.06, can anyone please help as my elderly sick folks stay with me and I cannot afford a new boiler. I have searched and placed orders with companies who have all came back saying the part of obselete. Please help

Hi, just remember british gas engineers get a canny bonus for condemming your boiler to replace it for a new one. get a second appinion,

just out of curiosity what bonus do they get?

Sponsored Links
I am in great need of a spare part for a Vokera Excell 80 SP Boiler, Air Baffle, Part No 5924. My boiler has been made condemed by British Gas because the manufacturer has made this part obselete now, they have said the only way I would get the part would be if anyone was getting rid of the same boiler as mine and I could get that part from it, they said my boiler is absolutely fine other than this part which costs only £1.06, can anyone please help as my elderly sick folks stay with me and I cannot afford a new boiler. I have searched and placed orders with companies who have all came back saying the part of obselete. Please help

Hi, just remember british gas engineers get a canny bonus for condemming your boiler to replace it for a new one. get a second appinion,

just out of curiosity what bonus do they get?

is it one million pounds?

Nickso works for BG and obviously he knows what the bonus he gets is but he chooses not to tell you!

Unfortunately if you look back at most of his posts you will find that they are designed to provoke rather than inform! He conveniently hides his identity.

I gather that its about £30 if the customer agrees to an appointment for their sales person to visit.

Tony

So lets get this right the part is damaged or missing .
It is a required part of the boiler otherwise it would not be there.

The SG engineer has checked and through no fault of his or SG the part is obsolete.
He has adviced the customer and also told her they will fit it if she can find one from anywhere.
He has left the boiler on and adviced customer boiler is getting on and needs changing.

What the fek has he done wrong or do people just love having a go at a certain company.

Agile what makes you think his name is not Nick So and no its not 30 quid.

A BG guy may get £12 ish for advising a customer they need a new boiler.

An independent gets a sale and anywhere from £500 to £2000 profit, i dont see anyone moaning about that.

Sponsored Links
its around £6 net. whoopee ****ing ping, its a ransom. :rolleyes:

i have posted this information several times on here, often directly at a certain cloth eared git, if there is any proof that no one, bar a select few, retain any information on this forum thats surely it.

as namsag has pointed out the usual haters are out en masse and spouting the same tired old cliches.

Nickso works for BG and obviously he knows what the bonus he gets is but he chooses not to tell you!

Unfortunately if you look back at most of his posts you will find that they are designed to provoke rather than inform! He conveniently hides his identity.

I gather that its about £30 if the customer agrees to an appointment for their sales person to visit.

Tony

gas_man_gaz is also BG, i suspect he was asking to ascertain how much the poster thought we got as it would almost certainly be an inflated number, you did the job for him.

again, how many times have i told you why my identity is not freely given? can you remember why? do you know what day of the week it is?

at least two people on here know who i am.

most of my posts are sorting out truth from bullshit.

Just a note on the necessity of the baffles. In 98 I installed an Excell and from the get-go it had explosive ignition. Investigated all the usual, pilot size and configuration, gas pressure etc. Called out Vokera and the first thing he did was take out a baffle. I quizzed him on it and he said it wasn't unusual to do so and the boiler will operate fine without.

Incidently it didn't cure the problem, I dug deeper and found 7 injectors not tightened in!!! From factory!!

46535570.jpg

OP, suggest you look at the boiler whilst the baffle is being fitted. Look at the heat exchanger, especially front left for signs of blockage with green/ black deposits and fan impellers for settlement of dust. Look at the base of the chamber too. White deposits on the base of the chamber come from the heat exchanger.

A regular service would show these areas to be clean. I am surprised a bafflle is missing. Where did it go. Who took it off and did not refit for you to then go down this route to locate the said part

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back