vokera linea looseing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cheked safety valve ok but expantion vessel seems to be loosing pressure could this cause the main boiler to loose pressure :?:

Sponsored Links
what i should have said was is it possible that if the expantion vessael is continually loosing pressure it will cause the main boiler to loose pressure

Sponsored Links
no the expantion vessel can be repressureised by using a car foot pump but this needs doing often alli want to know is can this effect the boiler pressure

if the expansion vessel looses its charge the system pressure will initially rise.

when it reaches roughly 3 bar the prv will open & the system pressure will drop.

how would i drain the boiler to check if the pipe from the expansion vessel was blocked

i am not particularly familiar with this specific appliance, but in general..

isolate the boiler & check that it in fact is isolated.

isolate boiler flow & returns (not always recommended, as they may leak).

drain the boiler from a drain point at the bottom of the boiler.

open any high point vent on the boiler (if this is within the combustion chamber you are unable to do this & will need an rgi).

if you've not drained the boiler you cant have repressurised the expansion vessel - properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back