vw caddy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a vw caddy 07 plate,if idont start it for 24 hrs the battery's flat and it a brand new battery,also tested new battery,and not being drain anywhere as far as i've tested,any help please guys

Sponsored Links
Unplug the alternator Mick....if the diode pack is faulty the battery can drain through that. Another way is to disconnect the battery when the van is standing, but you'll need the radio code for that one!
John :)

I can concur with John, had the same problem recently with a Peugeot 406 and it was the alternator.

Peter

cheers guys will try that,i thought it was the radio at first cause when the radio was off a few buttons on the radio was glowing but very dim,so i thought it was radio draining it so put another radio in there still the same,so will give the alternator a try,

Sponsored Links
If you disconnect the alternator and connect an amp meter to the two ends you should be able to see a current drain, possibly a varying one, there shouldn't be anything.

If its not that, do the same with the battery with everything turned off, take one lead off and connect to one meter lead and connect the other one to the battery, if its reading more than about 50ma something is draining it, pull the fuses out one at a a time until the drain current drops, check what that fuse is connected to.

Peter

Back