Wago 221s

Sponsored Links
.... firstly they contain types I can't see myself ever needing, e.g. 8-port push-in.
Indeed - and, even if you ever did, you could always improvise. I've been known to link two 5-ways, leaving 8 usable ways (as Simon has said, usually for CPCs).

Kind Regards, John

I've been known to link two 5-ways, leaving 8 usable ways
And the perfectionist in me is shouting "noooooooooooooooooooooo" :whistle: I was "not really happy" with this one, I was almost tempted to redo it properly :(
100_0166.JPG

And the perfectionist in me is shouting "noooooooooooooooooooooo" :whistle:
That's obviously your call. However, teh way I see it, there are potentially so many 'joints' in the CPC of the average lighting or sockets circuit, that to have a couple extra to link two connector blocks is really neither here nor there (other than to a perfectionist :) ).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Indeed - and, even if you ever did, you could always improvise. I've been known to link two 5-ways, leaving 8 usable ways (as Simon has said, usually for CPCs).

Kind Regards, John
That was what I meant, linking two 6 ways to make 10 usable ways. Not ideal but I usually put a feed in one and a feed in the other so, like you say, it's essentially just another joint in the circuit.

Yea that brown is about 10mm too long :notworthy::whistle:
Is that it?

Maybe we should have a competition to see how many utterly pointless picky observations we can make :mrgreen:

I can do 3, or 4, some with multiple instances.

None of which I have ever done myself
disimulo.gif

That was what I meant, linking two 6 ways to make 10 usable ways. Not ideal but I usually put a feed in one and a feed in the other so, like you say, it's essentially just another joint in the circuit.
Particularly with CPCs, it can often be difficult to decide which is the 'feed'.

However, when such a feed can be identified, my usual approach has been to take it, unbroken into both of two, say, 5-way connectors, thereby actually achieving a total of 9 usable ways - and maybe that's what you mean by what you say above.

Kind Regards, John

Yea that brown is about 10mm too long
As is the frontmost yellow, and a few are a smidgen short, and the connectors aren't all lined up. And aesthetically speaking, I don't like the way that brown (sleeved over blue) is much larger than the rest - I now have twin brown T&E.
In my defence, it was my first time using Wagos like that - and it is a darn sight neater and maintainable than using a round 6 terminal JB.

But it's still joining two blocks together when one block of the right size can be used.

But it's still joining two blocks together when one block of the right size can be used.
Yes it is, using jumpers made by the connector maker for just that purpose.

Just like every maker produces jumper bars for his terminals.

This is because there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back