Wales becomes Trumpton

It’s friggin nonsense.
It's why Wales went for a blanket limit. Saves a lot of signs but some in the area I go too are appearing. There is also a reluctance to stick to it on some roads but odd ones do. Many somewhat less than 30.

Sponsored Links
But it does not save on signs - there was a very significant cost to alter existing 30 MPH signs from 30 / 40 to 20 and back to 40 and then to 30 and back to national. Last time I drove in Wales it was a shambles with speed limits changing every couple of hundred yards. Best bit was I was in a 20 then raised to 30 as it passed a school.

Don't get me wrong 20 past schools vulnerable people Care homes etc with ridged enforcement based on risk great. Blanket 20 mph based on well dogma is just pants.

But it does not save on signs
I was making a point about motorbikes comment about 20mph on a road and 30 on side roads
It could be looked at in another way - see street lights and the limit is 30 unless a sign says otherwise. Make that 20 but some populated roads in Wales have no street lights.

Sponsored Links
ajohn very true but there was a very significant cost expended in Wales to alter signs before the change. Evidence by the 20 MPH stickers used to cover up the 30 MPH markers. They all do need a permanent change as well by the way at least those that have not been defaced back to 30 mph of course. ;)

Back