Another blow to my faith in human nature

perhaps they were under instructions not to find any bats.

The new Heathrow extension was chosen, among other things, because some rare wildflower was reported to be in a meadow in the alternative site.

When attempts were later made to find this wildflower, there was no evidence that it had ever existed.

Funny, that.

Fancy the governments preferred option being supported by a non-existent flower.

"They will also argue that the Secretary of State was wrong to reject Gatwick as an alternative to Heathrow on the grounds that expansion at this location might threaten a species of orchid."

https://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/2525/Councils-back-in-court-to-challenge-Heathrow-expansion

can't find the later report.

when they extended the duelling of the A30 in Cornwall their were three options, the least preferable was Goss Moor, there was a substantially large Eu grant available to works that avoided endangering various species so suddenly rare butterflies were found in certain locations which meant a hundreds of millions grant to build where they wanted to in the first place.

Sponsored Links
I love watching the bats at sunset. Has anyone seen Glowworms/fireflys in the garden at night?
We saw a couple briefly in the garden last year whilst watching Musk’s satellite train go over.

perhaps they were under instructions not to find any bats.
Thus it's important to get a independent 'batman'/'batwoman' in to do the survey...

Got involved in a protest to stop an ancient woodland being destroyed for expensive 'rabbit hutch' housing to be built.
And the only thing that scaled back the development was said independent survey with evidence of several types of bat, whereas the developer's 'survey' said none existed...

Before the day of online crowd funding, but also before 'shaking a bucket' in pubs and unless static around town became illegal in order to fund the report!

when they extended the duelling of the A30 in Cornwall their were three options, the least preferable was Goss Moor, there was a substantially large Eu grant available to works that avoided endangering various species so suddenly rare butterflies were found in certain locations which meant a hundreds of millions grant to build where they wanted to in the first place.
Fancy that...

The EU enabling the 'preferred option'...

I wonder whether the European Regional Development Fund will ever be matched? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I love watching the bats at sunset. Has anyone seen Glowworms/fireflys in the garden at night?
We saw a couple briefly in the garden last year whilst watching Musk’s satellite train go over.

I've not managed to see that yet. We used to have a regular bat visitor - it would fly back and forth the length of our garden at around sunset, back when we would have lots of big BBQ's, but not seen it for years.

The brother of a friend of mine lived in a cottage on a farm.

He saw the farmer catch birds in a trap leave then without water for a day or so release them when they were dazed and taught his son to blast them with a shotgun because they were too weak to fly away.

The trap was smashed up and didn't reappear.

There's a lot of cruel cretins about.

Back