Wall hung toilet - no room for cistern

How about one of these

Projection from the wall is too much. No different to moving the wall in terms of eventual comfort of the users...
(Also I think spending over fifteen hundred quid on a bog is questionable)

Sponsored Links
Projection from the wall is too much. No different to moving the wall in terms of eventual comfort of the users...
(Also I think spending over fifteen hundred quid on a bog is questionable)

I'm only here to help.

There's always a solution it may just cost more than we would like.

Sponsored Links
Is there a loft above? Or an external wall?

Is there a loft above? Or an external wall?
The other side of the wall is a corridor outside the apartment. Common area within the building. Not really an option!
There is a loft above. The loft might be an option alright.

OK, well what about alternatives - have you considered a close coupled corner toilet? Not a concealed cistern, admittedly, but can be a useful way to deal with problems like this

VCRNWC_n_prod.jpg

Also are you sure you don't have an extra 30mm or so? I have done IPS framing for concealed cisterns which were only 100mm deep a couple of times just had a look and that appears to be about as shallow as they go, but then I'm only a wood butcher, so don't take my word for it) - the framing in that case was 100 x 44 finished size timber with a 12mm cement fibre board facing, so 112mm deep in total plus the tiling. To get it all in we had to chop the plaster off of the wall behind to "find" an extra 7 or 8mm of depth. Had I needed up to about another 10mm or so I'd have considered taking a breaker to the wall to reduce the thickness a bit (it was non-structural lightweight blockwork with a window above it)

With a bit of imagination I think you could make this work

The other side of the wall is a corridor outside the apartment. Common area within the building. Not really an option!
There is a loft above. The loft might be an option alright.
The Geberit one I posted a link to is 8cm deep including cistern!
Less than 300 notes and super quality.

I did suggest the old fashioned version of that earlier @Bod ... (albeit a bit tongue in cheek). At one point it was actually quite fashionable to box them in to make them look a bit more "sleek"

I did suggest the old fashioned version of that earlier @Bod ... (albeit a bit tongue in cheek). At one point it was actually quite fashionable to box them in to make them look a bit more "sleek"

I suppose if it's in the work place you do what's practical. If it's at home we want things to look like.

Added together having a shít is a practical thing it's just feels better in nice surroundings.

In the loft above with a 3m extension on the flush actuator tube.
No idea what the flow rate of the water will be after an above the ceiling to toilet drop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back