wall unit to hide an old boiler, no not the wife

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to hide a boiler in my kitchen, I thought a custom built wall unit to match the rest of he units i need 400mm deep instead of the normal 300 to give a decent air space around the boiler.
The boiler is old but still in good working order and is balanced flu, and i intend to fit vents top and bottom of the unit.
Any tips on how best to go about it greatly appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
Looking to do a similar job myself in the near future, probably wont enclose the top, and I remember reading somewhere to use mdf as it's less likely to 'move' with the heat.

i have just covered up my old nasty looking boiler it was in a big nasty cupboard , and now looks lovely i used larder doors, and tall end panels i put hinges on the tall end panels so its still accessible.
i got a kitchen planner in to design it for for me as i was at a lose as to what to with it so glad i did now

you need to make shure you have sufficient clearence and air flow according to manufacturers instructions
you also need to make shure you can reach the bolts nuts and screws required for repair and maintanance of your boiler without to much trouble ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, the industry standard boiler housingis 900mm tall, 600mm wide and 400mm deep. You can then fit an 895x595 standard kitchen door. Boiler housings are constructed with a 150mm top rail and usually a full bottom panel. You need to get some wall unit hangers which the cab will just rest on, it can then be lifted up for a quick removal.

If you need anymore info, let me know.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back