Wallpaper or paint? That is the question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you a wallpaper or a paint person when it comes to decorating your walls? I'm of the opinion that if your furniture is plain, go for a patterned wallpaper. But if you've got some funky patterned furniture pieces, then stick to a plain painted wall so as not to confuse the eye.

Sponsored Links
I hate lining paper. Even rough walls look better than painted wallpaper.

Sponsored Links
I'm a competent plasterer - and you can't beat a nice plaster job.

Pick a feature wall for some fancy wall paper. Then paint the remainder regardless of furniture.

I'm actually a top-notch plasterer - you just carry on lining your council house. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

if your walls are in a bit of a state as in full of nibs and old cable chasing, tidy it up as best you can then paper with patterned wallpaper it will hide most things. or double line with heavy duty liner then paint.

Good point, I'd not thought of painting on lining paper, I can imagine it does look really good.

Lining paper is just ridiculous, its a half ass job when it should be plastered

I make mine look as best I can with as many of the tiny frickin holes catch faces etc....filled in the lightly sanded

Wallpaper on 1 feature wall then other 3 1 colour looks sweet

I love making a feature out of the wallpaper, for example, paint 3 walls a neutral colour and then pick an interesting wallpaper to bring out colours in the room or whatever! mix and match :D

Sponsored Links
Back