Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have recently got walls built for my outbuilding, and was told it was to high by the council so now i am forced to reduce the height they said to remove two breeze blocks all around. Now can someone tell me the best and safest way to do this so that my walls do not get damaged, oh and is it an easy thing to do or theres no problem? THANKS.

Sponsored Links
I'd be suprised if they didn't come off with a hammer and bolster. Hammer into the end of the block rather than at the face and you shouldn't do too much damage to the blocks beneath. Otherwise you'll have to run a grinder along the joint.

To cause the least amount on damage or movement to the coarses below, the grinder option, raking the mortar out with it, sounds good or a alternative if you don't have a grinder, would be to use a SDS drill, then drill holes in the mortar at space of about four inch, this should help loosen the bond, without cause too much disturbance below.

Sponsored Links
or even try bolstering the joint..... not too hard though ... you might crack it....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back