Wallstar Boiler - Keeps locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please can anyone help me !!

Have not posted on here before, so forgive me if I supply too much, or not enough information

I have an HRM Wallstar Boiler which keeps locking out. I have taken the grey cover off (outside) and pressed the reset button and the boiler fires up but then cuts out - it has been doing this now for about 4 days. Each time I restart it it runs for anything from 10 mins to 6 hours ??!!!

I noticed a long continuous air bubble in the clear pipe line, and opened the air valve to try to get the air bubble out. I managed to clear it (losing oil naturally) but more little air bubbles came up through the pipe and they produce a long air bubble again !! :confused:

I really don't want to call out an engineer if I can help it - I am quite rural and will be charged a call out and then for the work - which I simply can't afford !!! but will have to find the money if needs be !! :oops:

Is there any advice anyone can offer me of what the problem may be and any solutions that I may be able to do myself so that I do not have a hefty bill.

This problem has only recently started, and seems to tie in with a new delivery of oil - could this have anything to do with the problem ??

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Chippy, guessing that your oil was very low in tank, and new delivery forced air into oil feed pipe...you really need to bleed the whole line (as you would car brakes)..there will not be very much oil in the line unless its miles long so disconnect the pipe (at the fire valve?) and just let a pint run into jar or until bubbles stop, there will be a tiny amount of air between valve and boiler but pump should pull this thro without stopping..if there is an bleed valve on filter it might let you filter out a little bit...hope this helps..

It is quite normal to have a bubble in the pipe.
If you have a stream of them, you have a leak.

Your problem is probably the coil or Ign Txfr.

Check the resistance of the coil when it cuts out.

Thanks No1 Cable shop - will try that !!! There is a "tap" on the tank which turns on and off - is there another one nearer the tank too ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back