wander lead for fluke 2 pole tester

Sponsored Links
Fluke T130.
If I understand the T130 instructions correctly, there is a "4mm probe extension' stored in the cap of the tester. If that's the case, and if you attached it to your probe, then you could buy a standard 4mm test lead extension, plug youyr ('extended') probe into the female end and cut off 'male' end to use for the connection from your plug or trailing socket.
I’m now content with your suggestion of active clips on both ends
I'm suyre that woulkd be fine. However, the above suggests another possibility for you to consider.

Kind Regards, John

If I understand the T130 instructions correctly, there is a "4mm probe extension' stored in the cap of the tester. If that's the case, and if you attached it to your probe, then you could buy a standard 4mm test lead extension, plug youyr ('extended') probe into the female end and cut off 'male' end to use for the connection from your plug or trailing socket.
I'm suyre that woulkd be fine. However, the above suggests another possibility for you to consider.

Kind Regards, John
The wander extention leads often come as a set and typically include a crock clip and a probe so no need to cut the plug off.

Personally I'd suggest to J01 you look at the price of twin flex and a couple of crock clips before ordering a pro cable, or to stick with your earlier plan of 13A plug and socket to use the earth pin of your existing extention cable. I don't forsee any use use past your current project and hence wasting your money.

The wander extention leads often come as a set and typically include a crock clip and a probe so no need to cut the plug off.
We're not talking about (long) 'wander extension leads' - we're talking about the means of connecting the earth pin of a plug or trailing socket (to be used with the OP's mains extension reel) to his tester's probe - and what I suggested was just a means of avoiding that connection being by means of a crock clip, which he didn't initially favour..
Personally I'd suggest to J01 you look at the price of twin flex and a couple of crock clips before ordering a pro cable, or to stick with your earlier plan of 13A plug and socket to use the earth pin of your existing extention cable.
As above, it's the latter of those approaches we're talking about, given that the OP already has the 25m mains extension reel.

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Personally I'd suggest a stackable shrouded connector for maximum flexibility (so you can either plug your fluke 2 pole tester into it or plug it directly into a regular multimeter).

I took delivery of the crocodile clips today and was planning to terminate all 3 cores of the flex into these.

upload_2021-12-3_15-45-7.png

I was expecting there to be some screw terminal but it doesn't have one. Can someone advise how this should be done please?

I took delivery of the crocodile clips today and was planning to terminate all 3 cores of the flex into these.

View attachment 252999

I was expecting there to be some screw terminal but it doesn't have one. Can someone advise how this should be done please?
Get out your soldering iron. Or buy one along with some solder.

When I bought something similar, there was a short screw, with the nut and washer to grip the wire inside the hollow part of the handle. Yours appears to have a hole for such a screw.

the clip you show has a lot of exposed metal you might touch, so is only suitable for extra-low voltage, such as a car battery charger. It would be very dangerous at mains voltage. Proper test probe leads are swathed in protective plastic covers.

I have a Fluke, and the genuine test leads are shockingly expensive

you can get cheap replacements sets on ebay such as

testleads.jpg

but you have to be very cautious with a supplier of unknown quality

I was only planning to use these once the electricity is isolated. It’s for the purposes of a wonder lead

I was going to use this in conjunction with an extension lead

you can get cheap replacements sets on ebay such as

View attachment 253035

but you have to be very cautious with a supplier of unknown quality
But I am using this for a longer wonder lead. The type you have posted are much smaller in length.
I was planning to use the extension lead with some mods for this purpose

I appreciate the hammering I may be in for but here are my mods to go with an extension lead - to act as a wonder lead.

I always intend to check and isolate power before using this “equipment”.

Attachments

• 1E7A60B8-1ADA-472D-AD4A-58252D99C059.jpeg
    1E7A60B8-1ADA-472D-AD4A-58252D99C059.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 47

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back