Wanted, quote for a Combi install in Watford

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any of you plumbing and heating gurus fancy quoting me to replace an old style gas boiler for a new combi?

We've had the obligatory over the top British Gas quote, and now want a sensible one :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Without looking at where its going to go?

Methinks your in for a few sarcastic replies :LOL:

I think the OP is asking if any on here will visit to give a quote, not give a quote on here.

gas4you has got it. :)

Let me share with you all something funny. (In a depressing way)

I went to trustatrader.com, looked up Heating Engineers.
I get 6 firms. Firm number 4, has this as a reassurance of their project capability:

http://www.a-white-plumbing-service.co.uk/61125.html

See 3rd and 4th pics.
Now, I am no tradesman (desk jocky here). But even I am questioning why he didnt drop the pipe "down" and then run it across near the flat roof to minimize the pipes impact.

So, as an Internet whizz, I am hoping to spot the knowledgable wheat from the forum chaff :) Might be worth a try before I try the pot luck of yellow pages.

Sponsored Links
It should not take a professional long to spot the silly mistake with the three port valve on here!

Airing~cupboard

Unfortunately, the OP has not mentioned what he has as an installation at present.

If its a conventional system with a cylinder then we would charge about £1440 plus the cost of the boiler to convert to a combi system but that excludes any TRVs which may be required.

Others will do it cheaper and the east Europeans much cheaper.

But I am away on holiday until later in August.

Tony

It should not take a professional long to spot the silly mistake with the three port valve on here!
I can see another issue with the 15mm pipe going to the cylinder!
Tony

I would offer to give you a quote but I don't want to blatantly compete with Tony! Tony, I do send any boiler repair work I get your way - maybe I should charge a commission?! ;)

Anyway SteveP, I'll pm you my website and you can compare my work with Mr White!

Radiator.jpg

I am not a plumber, i know that is a drain valve but isnt it in a stupid place

Picture from the same Mr whites website

Tony

I would offer to give you a quote but I don't want to blatantly compete with Tony! Tony, I do send any boiler repair work I get your way - maybe I should charge a commission?! ;)

Anyway SteveP, I'll pm you my website and you can compare my work with Mr White!

You're in cambridgeshire

do you actually know where watford is ?

Airing~cupboard

Unfortunately, the OP has not mentioned what he has as an installation at present.

If its a conventional system with a cylinder then we would charge about £1440 plus the cost of the boiler to convert to a combi system but that excludes any TRVs which may be required.

Others will do it cheaper and the east Europeans much cheaper.

But I am away on holiday until later in August.

Tony

looks like a transylvanian install

holiday until august ?

overpaid tony, overpaid

I dont see any problem with that short length of 15 mm. If I was doing it then I would fit a gate valve as a lockshield so that the cylinder can be balanced with the heating. An older cylinder like that will not be able to absorb much more than about 6-7 kW anyway and the flow through that 15 mm will probably significantly exceed that power anyway.

My "quote" is bound to be more expensive than many others. There was a West Indian chap who is CORGI registered in Watford who would do a combi swap in London for £250. That almost undercuts the East Europeans.

Now who can do any boiler repairs in London when I am on holiday? But they need to be done on our pricing structure. Repairs £84 plus parts and LSCs £65 with any extras in the same location at £35.

Tony

Any of you plumbing and heating gurus fancy quoting me to replace an old style gas boiler for a new combi?
It would cost one million of your Earth pounds

It's been installed far too close to a small star. This is illegal because of the risk of the star going nova, and despite its size this would be werry werry dangerous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back