wardobe lighting help

Top is fine.

Poor wording on my part.

I meant put them as close as possible to the hinge edge of the door. The little b*gg*rs have surprisingly strong springs, and the further away from the hinged side you have them the easier they will push the door open.

I used these, BTW -

I know it says "unsuitable for fluorescent lighting", but mine have been there for years and are fine.

Surface mount, of course, as I didn't think about lights in time. If I had I'd have considered insetting these into the frames:

If you don't want off-the peg sized doors, (I bought mine from Jewsons - made of ramin - weren't too pricey, as I recall), google for made to measure kitchen doors.

Sponsored Links
Did you build the wardrobe doors yourself? I want similar doors on the wardrobe I'm building, however I'm probably not going to build them myself, never done it before and don't want to balls it up. I'm going to frame the doors though rather than having them sit on the front.

All from IKEA

Had to take the bottom 3cm off to make them fit. Thought about making them myself, but for the price of the frames and doors at IKEA was a bit of a no-brainer. Plus you get all the draws, shelves, rails etc from IKEA that will fit right in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back