WARNING VAILLANT 837 commbi boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we need social cleansing, read the advice or bugger off. Your boiler is fine, as was most likely the old one, get someone who has a clue round and you'll save your self a packet, Jesus, this country seriously has delivered us some clueless idiots, there a quite a few lads local to you who could sort this and be done with it, consider getting In touch with them , that's of they would even bother coming out after your ranting on here

Sponsored Links
[quote="sssteiner";p="2333954"]Alright Dan your in Herts and I think I asked you to come and fix last year and you declined.[/quote]

You (SS) are in Northants, and you called upon the services of an RGI in Herts? Surely you couldnt have completely exhausted the list off RGI's in Northants?

I suspect the OP located his installer from the internet...one of those big spamming companies that the public fall for because they have a net presence..

if the house has 20 radiators it probably has more than one bathroom, and previously had a hot water cylinder...which should have been retained...

Has the eagle landed ? is sssteiner Vic ?? :) or

" beware this fruit cake ?? may live on your street " :eek:

Sponsored Links
1, The old boiler was an early combi vaillant a complete and utter piece of rubbish as you well know, which yes was too small a boiler for 20 rads.
2, The new boiler is a combi vaillant look at its construction, the parts and I have forgotten to mention the cheap crimping clips where 1 gave way with a drip loosing pressure if not found (F number) it would have flooded the whole boiler and electrics, the boiler is a commercial not domestic, the pipework is the correct diametre and the boiler is suitable, it is faulty.
3, Another new boiler will work, remember 3rd time lucky, if it does not well that will be hot water with the vaillant and solid fuel Aga for the heating and they do not go wrong, obviously fire bricks and castings need replacing.
10 registered engineers ? sorry what does that mean, I have a king dick spanner in the garage it sounds better and always works.

There are some very experienced engineers who post on this forum who are all pretty much saying the same thing, and I agree with the diagnosis that has been offered to you previously.

The issue you have will be a system issue and not a boiler one.

If you replace the Vaillant and put any other boiler in there on the same old system, then you will suffer from the same problems. I would suggest you use a different installer for your next installation.

Make sure he does a heat loss calculation for your property so that you can get the right sized boiler to suit. The flow and return pipework should be checked and up sized, because if its undersized then thats what will also cause issues with poor circulation and heating performance.

Any boiler made by any company fitted to your current system (IMO) will NOT work either. Therefore you would be throwing money down the drain. All boiler makers would have washed their hands of this job as it isnt the boilers fault that you have this problem.

Good luck to you.

Regards.

Come on guys, it's a well know fact that the 837 suffers from faults on the draught diverter on the secondary flue. This seems compounded and really affects performance if the bypass on the gas valve causes the flame to go to a low level.

On the early ecotec's which would have been around the time this one was installed there was also major problems with the catalytic converters which caused the coil in the manometer to run dry

It's unfair to lead the OP to believe that Vaillant boilers are ok, when clearly he knows better :rolleyes:

Was that the 837?

:oops:

I think I owe the op an apology.

I was getting muddled with the 737. What vaillant were thinking when they pulled that from the market I'll never know.

SSteiner....my sincerest apologies.

The variable intake might have feathers in it....................from a chicken called Colin.

Maybe opening a tap and sucking on the big pipe outside would solve this guys problem?

Oh and by the way if you posted

Hey guys I've been having a problem with my Vaillant combi boiler it does..………
Anyone got any advice on what I could do or who could help solve this problem

You may have recieved some actual advice.

Sorry OP but likewise i fit loads of Ecotec 831 and 837's not had any issues with an 837 at all and only 1 831 that had a failed diverter after 15 months Groupservice attended next day and fixed first time.

similarly i fit 400 and 600 series vaillants without issue (i did have trouble with a couple of 428's when i first fitted them as i didn't know about setting part load on the water) GS lad showed me how and never had an issue since.

It's unfair to lead the OP to believe that Vaillant boilers are ok, when clearly he knows better :rolleyes:

thats not the point
the OP had it installed 4 YEARS AGO and its never been right from day one
it may have been a fault with the boiler it may not (prob not from the sound of it)
His contractor should have sorted it by now the onus is on him

its pointless trying to make the manufacturer take liability now

how would you feel if a customer had bought a product of you 4 years ago and decided its never worked from day one but only decided to complain now
what did he expect
ah ok sir its out of guarantee now but since you say its never worked and have taken this long to complain then thats ok ,we believe you we will send a new one FOC
i dont think so!
dont get me wrong it could have been a boiler fault, but the installer should have had any probs sorted by now

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back