warranty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any technical reason a "built-in" oven cannot be "built under"? AEG told me I would invalidate my warranty if I put B-4101 under the work surface. Guess what - the cooling fan has stopped working and I need work under the warranty!!!

please note 17 & 20 which are here the post you hi jacked was made in 2004

Sponsored Links
bit late now isnt it, but i guess its to do with the base or legs

You've got me worried now :( Yet I still can't see why installing a built-in unit under a work surface should adversely affect it. I mounted it lower than normal to give clearance under the gas pipes of the hob. The cooling fan is designed to run constantly anyway to maintain a cool exterior surface and cool glass door. It would have run constantly as a built-in unit too. I will just have to keep my fingers crossed. When I bought the unit it never occurred to me that it was designed as a built-in unit and when I checked with the retailer they said it didn't matter where it was installed. It was a woman on the AEG helpdesk who said it must not be installed as a built-under unit as it may overheat. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Delboy3 said:
You've got me worried now
so you should be, you chose to ignore the fact that you should not do what you have done, now you are paying for it

Delboy3 said:
Yet I still can't see why installing a built-in unit under a work surface should adversely affect it.

you do not need to see something to understand how it works, it was designed for installation in one place and you chose to put it in another

when you have a built in oven you have a gap at the back so heat can escape but your worktop will keep the heat in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back