Was sport ever exciting

Sponsored Links
Was sport ever really exciting and worth the money prior to TV coverage? I suspect not :confused:

Cricket certainly was.

Football was OK, I suppose, if you happen to have run out of sleeping pills.

Sponsored Links
Was sport ever really exciting and worth the money prior to TV coverage? I suspect not :confused:

It's all been hyped to ridiculous levels to keep people's interest in something that is really quite mundane, if you strip all the razzamataz away.

I won't deny that sport is exciting if you are the one actually involved in playing it. Especially if you are a premier league footballer, who can't believe what mugs will pay you to knock a ball around.

Just sayin.......

It's all been hyped to ridiculous levels to keep people's interest in something that is really quite mundane, if you strip all the razzamataz away.

I won't deny that sport is exciting if you are the one actually involved in playing it. Especially if you are a premier league footballer, who can't believe what mugs will pay you to knock a ball around.

Just sayin.......
Pretty much my view too.

I can still remember Tommy Smiths bullet header in Rome like it was yesterday, and that was 36 years ago.
There were no action replays there either.

Do you think that people were more selective as to what sport to become involved in and also took greater interest in local teams since information regarding other teams across the land would have been limited to written match reports?

motorsport used to be very exciting esp when you could stand right next to the circuit with just a straw bale as protection and there was noise and fumes and sparks and death and everything.
Now its run off areas so big you need binoculars to see the cars.

Motorcycle racing is still the best form of sport. The sight, the sound, the smell - ahhhh Castrol R :D . I still watch my local non-league football side, better value than Premier games.
Other than that, one day cricket and womens beach volleyball :eek:

What I don't get is the volume of football big earners.

In Tennis, say, there are a few handfuls of guys in the world, at the top, and, arguably, the best players in their field., As the best they are earning money (though not in top soccer league).

There hundreds of massive earning footballers around the world, and by definition, they can't all be the best.

But hey are paid for selling shirts, essentially.

Sponsored Links
Back