Washing machine - not filling with hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new washer (indesit) and when it fills it draws cold water.
The hot and cold inlet pipes are both connected and the valves they connect to are fine (when i take the inlet hose off, water comes through the hot valve) and open.
When the washer fills it only fills with cold water, whatever cycle it's on. I have a combi boiler - when my old machine filled hot the boiler fired up and this doesn't happen with this machine.
It fills with cold water fine.
Are there any suggestions as to what might be the problem?
(this is an intgrated machine so moving it is difficult for me)
thanks.

Sponsored Links
my suggestion is you have set it on a restricted temperature wash [less than perhaps 50 degrees]!!!!!!

so the machine wont want to take in hot incase it excedes the temperature when full
and is simply warming using the internal element

my guess is assuming you a seperate button or setting for temp appart from the individual programs!!!!!

tis only a guess though ;)

big-all,
thanks for the suggestion, but no....i've tried cycles up to 90 degrees and the problems is still there,

thanks though!

Cold water only enters the dispenser.If you have selected a hot program,hot water will go directly into the drum and cold through the dispenser then heated to the correct temp.

Sponsored Links
This is quite a common problem with some machines and combi boilers it is caused by the back pressure resistance on some washing machine inlet valves not triggering the diaphragm in the boilers divertor valve system.However I would not worry too much about it as the thinking is now that is more efficient to input cold water on all washes and let the machine heat up to temperature rather than to pre heat the water.This is why more machines are being manufactured with cold inlet only.Do not forget it is only the very small percentage of very hot washes you will be using were the machine opens the hot water inlet valve. It is a popular misconception that water is brought into the machine by both valves on all washes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back