Washing machine on click vinyl? Bad idea?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen is upstairs so the floor is a mix of t&g chipboard and ply; it doesn't have gaps and I levelled it. Is it a bad idea to put click vinyl flooring in there with a washing machine? B&Q colours slate tile 5mm. Will the washing machine destroy the click?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
Hi, mines half on, half off (because it's a waste putting it at the back where you can't see it, and my floor slopes slightly towards the front of the machine so it helped with leveling ). I've had no issues in a year and mine is a very heavy Miele. I think it's important the floor itself is sound - if the machine is jumping around on loose boards or joists there is obviously more risk.

IMG_20190318_091529217.jpg
IMG_20190318_091554002.jpg

It's always a 8ugger if the floor is higher adjacent the wall, difficult to reduce easily, and there may be copper pipes

I got myself a 60x60x10 rubber mat to sit on the click vinyl, we'll see what gives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back