Washing Machine Socket ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Discovered a blank plate under the kitchen worktop and behind the washer yesterday. Spoke to my plumber mate who said its a blank but can be converted into a socket to plug your washer into or just wire the washer straight into it.
Is this true and if so is it easily converted as i have my washer cable running through my worktop via a pre-drilled hole and if i can connect here it'll make the place look a bit neater ?

Sponsored Links
there is usually a switch or fcu above work surfce have you one?

Sponsored Links
skybluescooby said:
Hi,
Discovered a blank plate under the kitchen worktop and behind the washer yesterday. Spoke to my plumber mate who said its a blank but can be converted into a socket to plug your washer into or just wire the washer straight into it.
Is this true and if so is it easily converted as i have my washer cable running through my worktop via a pre-drilled hole and if i can connect here it'll make the place look a bit neater ?

thats providing there is a supply to it, and not just a box with blank plate...

evostick

oh sorry, i misread that, i thought you said give us a glue :LOL:

breezer said:
evostick

oh sorry, i misread that, i thought you said give us a glue :LOL:

this stuff is better

superglue.jpg

does this switch have a fuse?

if so consider using an unfused plug/socket combination (such as a 15A bs546) behind the washer and making yourself a little adaptor in case it needs to be tested whilst pulled out. this way you save yourself the hassle that a hidden fuse will cause.

just wiring in is not reccomended because it can cause grief when you have to have the machine serviced.

as an ex hp service engineer, unless the m/c has a normal plug yiou could refuse to touch the m/c as the 2nd thing you did was to unplug it, switching off an FCU is not acceptable becuse

1) may be wired wrong

2) you cant "megger" the m/c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back