Waste water overflow pipe snapped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The waste water overflow pipe on the outside of my house has been broken and not sure how to go about fixing it. I’ve attached a photo and any help would be great.

Thanks for any suggestions
Matthew

Attachments

• C9CE10C4-5539-4AC9-B7C3-B5CE9FE260CA.jpeg
    C9CE10C4-5539-4AC9-B7C3-B5CE9FE260CA.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 792
Sponsored Links
Thank you for the advice. There is probably about 10cm of straight pipe on the Inside of the wall before a bend vertical. It’s all boxed in behind kitchen cabinets though so I’ll try fernco coupling until I have more time to take the back off the kitchen cabinets off. I guess Ill have to replace the whole straight section of pipe which runs through the wall when I can get to it.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
You may be able to remove that broken stub of pipe in the fitting in the wall if you have a hole saw that fits into that stub, some heat, a plain screwdriver and needle nose pliers. Hold the hole saw in pliers, heat for a minute or 2, place in the pipe stub for a min till the inner pipe is soft, not too long though or you'll soften the outer too, remove and then use the plain screwdriver to work the inner piece away from the joined edge, grab the inner pipe with the pliers and then twist. If replacing is a mare then it's worth a try IMO.

Thank you for the advice. There is probably about 10cm of straight pipe on the Inside of the wall before a bend vertical. It’s all boxed in behind kitchen cabinets though so I’ll try fernco coupling until I have more time to take the back off the kitchen cabinets off. I guess Ill have to replace the whole straight section of pipe which runs through the wall when I can get to it.

Thanks again
I was going to suggest a short length of pipe and a couple of hose clips, but the Fernco is just that.
It looks like a poor installation, pipe sticking out like that is vulnerable, probably hit by a wheelie-bin or something. With the Fernco it won't break next time, but if somebody really tries they might break the other one. Some protection would prevent it, either a grill fixed to the wall, or a dwarf wall built round.
The small pipe behind is likely condensate, and that doesn't look too good either, the elbow at the top is uninsulated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back