WATCH OUT ..... UFW (unidentified flying wood)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A word of advice for anyone that has a roofrack instead of a VAN!!!

when strapping the ply to the roofrack, make sure that the overhang at the front is not too big as you will lose your wood (the front part at least) and pi** off everyone that is driving behind trying to go round the mobile chicane!!!

OH YES!.........I did this today and it cost me 2 hours with a tub of t-cut trying to get the scratch out of the A-Class that was behind me :oops:

Sponsored Links
Also, if your girlfriend is a big lass, take her to the store with you as this reduces the risk of flight while at high speeds on the way home!

Doesn't she mind being strapped on top of the plywood then?

Sponsored Links
Be warned the wood dosent always lift ( I was once a Burglar Alarm engineer) in those days we used to close wire doors and cover the trip wires with hardboard, so on my roof rack on this day were 4 sheets of hardboard, suddenly the board bent downwards comletely covering the widscreen vision - NILL time to s**t ones self!!! (I did manage to stop without incident on this occasion though!! :oops:

years back i was driving onto a roundabout and someone i knew was coming out of 1 of the other junctions with about 40 sheets of hard board,YEP as he stopped the board didnt,he lost the lot slid all over the road,after p155ing myself laughing i stopped and helped him pick it all up.

a company i used to work for had a bedford rascal van,we loaded it up with 2 sheets of plasterboard,driving along a duel carriageway the van started to take off :confused: then gave an all mighty heave and the board snapped in 2 and flew off,we never did find it. :LOL:

simple aditional rope or strap from the centre off the front bumper to the back bumper and drive at 30 max lol :D :D

Not quite the same thing, but in my non-car-driving days I once arrived at the checkout in B&Q with four six-foot planks and a motorcycle helmet balanced on my trolley.

The girl on the checkout looked completely bemused, so I told her about the sidecar. ;)

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back