Water board connected new supply pipe- pipe flys off.

It needs that final push to get it through the grab ring as Jackrae mentions. It can be quite firm but it will go.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ok. It looks like joint slips off and on too easy. I checked the mark and it looks to it needs to go in another 5mm at least and it hasn't slotted in. Is it just more force? I've tried and it's not working. I felt in the fitting and there is a rubber ring inside.

How did you cut the copper tube/ have you de-burred the cut / is the cut square?

Ok I forced it in and it clicked. However there was a few leaks around drain off and compression fittings. Home serve came and fixed them. Bargain.

Thank you all!

See the water.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 98
Either way, a "proper" plumber would have charged more.
not in the long run my friend , tell us your woes when you have a serous problem :ROFLMAO: fooking £1 a month even £12 a month ( housing associations charge more and they are a joke for what they do ) , are they really going to go out of their way to make sure problems doesn't happen again like an independent plumber would ( because of call backs and reputation ) . you will hopefully learn one day( that day will come ) you get what you pay for just think about it . fooking £1 :ROFLMAO:

Well I bought a property and am doing nothing lots of internal changes. So at 1 pound a month I get good value. After it will be less value.

So you have a go yourself and fook up a perfectly simple job. And then expect a third party to come out and wipe your bum for you after you have deliberately shat in your own pants. Sorry to bring you down to earth but this is most likely down to you. Yes, it is probably your fault so man up and deal with it
now i know why my insurance costs so much...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back