Water dripping through Tundish after 2 PRV replacements

When water heats up, it expands by about 4% (I think). The pressure vessel allows this to happen as you can’t compress water. It’s a pocket of compressed air. When under no water pressure, the air inside should be pumped up to 3bar via the valve on the top. I would get a qualified engineer to check things over to be honest. If you put your postcode into the GasSafe register it will show nearby people but you have to check if they have the unvented cylinders or G3 element listed on their page.
Unvented cylinders are potentially explosive as you can’t compress water as it expands.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help, I gave someone a call who said it’s likely when they replaced the PRV the expansion vessel was not charged. He’s popping round tonight to sort it out. Got his details off check a trade and is all G3 registered.

If you put your postcode into the GasSafe register it will show nearby people but you have to check if they have the unvented cylinders or G3 element
Engineers or plumbers can hold G3 qualis without it showing on the Gas safe register

Sponsored Links
If he's G3 why would he not bring the expansion safety valve plumbing up to standard...and why would anyone replace the pressure reducing valve and not check the vessel.
This all looks distinctly diy....

The expansion vessel had no pressure at all for a start but the Prv also need replacing. Not major at the moment thankfully but will get it replaced as soon as poss

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back