Water Meter

Hypnoman said:
I pay £40 per month for water and thats metered. £90 a month before meter fitted (ex guest house). :mad:

So your paying a Commercial rate, or you use a bl :eek: dy lot of of water.

In fact so much I would get the meter checked.

Sponsored Links
Hypnoman said:
How does moling work?

Complex system using a trained ferret and a ball of string...

..Its a hydraulic ram powered by compressed air that drives through the ground between launch and receive holes. The air hose keeps a nice "tunnel" open. Once it gets to the end you attach the pipe to it and pull it back through. Minimum digging, minimum disruption. No fuss.

£40 a month isn't too bad. It depends on how many are in your house...
doitall said:
In fact so much I would get the meter checked.

Here is where you can save some money. Water companies will test your meter, but if it is found to be within prescribed tolerances (set by Weights&Measures) then you foot the bill for the test.

Have a look at you meter. It will probably be in Cubic metres. All the black digits should be whole cubic meters. From l-r the first red digit is 100litres, next red digit is 10 litres and the third red digit (or if no third then the dial or needle) will be single litres. Get a bucket that you know the volume of (usually 9/10 litres but get one that is marked).

Take a meter reading. Then fill the bucket. Make sure that the meter has moved the same amount as the amount you have drawn. (better to do a few times). If your meter is out enough to make a huge difference to your bill then it will be really noticeable.

£40 quid a month not bad :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You jest boxBasher.

my snooker club is only £60-£100 quid a year and that includes sewerage as well.

My house is around the £100 mark but not metered.

Who charges that sort on money (Thames)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:01 pm Post Subject: Re: Water Meter Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post Delete Spam Post Delete Abuse Post View IP of poster
Hypnoman wrote:
How does moling work?

Complex system using a trained ferret and a ball of string...

..Its a hydraulic ram powered by compressed air that drives through the ground between launch and receive holes. The air hose keeps a nice "tunnel" open. Once it gets to the end you attach the pipe to it and pull it back through. Minimum digging, minimum disruption. No fuss.

that's if it dosen't get lost or go AWOL ;)

Sponsored Links
doitall said:
£40 quid a month not bad :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You jest boxBasher.

my snooker club is only £60-£100 quid a year and that includes sewerage as well.
(Thames)

£25 a month is about the norm for two people, £30-£35 for a couple of kids as well. £40 isn't that far above the mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back