water repellent-any preferences?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had a perimeter wall knocked down and re-built and the back/ gable end of the house re-pointed. The builder had to cut out quite a few bricks which were frost damaged, but he managed to salvage bricks from the wall demolition and match them with the house. Looks great now and I'm so glad he managed to persuade me to repair the house brickwork rather than having it rendered.

The builder has recommended that I get the brickwork coated with a water repellent whilst the scaffolding is still up and will quote for the extra work. I have searched the net and am confused by all the different products and technologies used and would appreciate any recommendations. The house is an end terrace with public footpaths on two sides, so I am looking for something which will last. Applying something which will need redoing every 3/4 years is not an option.

Any advice would be welcome

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back