water softner overflow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just had my kitchen redone and needed to plumb in the water softner. It uses flexible hoses for the cold in/out. There is an overflow which says to use a pushfit pipe and not solvent weld.
This is a standard overflow pipe and a 21.5mm pipe slots in nicely. This needs to be put outside. Due to access issues I don't want to use solid overflow pipe.

Is there a fleixble version I could use to allow me to move the water softner when I need to access other plumbing? I've searched but could not find what I think I need.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Sponsored Links
Although solid 21.5 mm pipe is normally used I don't see why you cannot use the flexible 22mm grey pipe normally sold for washing machine use.

Be aware that its not a casual overflow pipe! This is where it discharges spent brine solution when recharging!

Tony

I have another feed which covers the brine discharge. this is the overflow in the event of failure/problems.

I will source some 22mm grey pipe. I assume I may need a connector but it might just fit into the solid elbow on the rear.

Sponsored Links
The Monarch Softener I installed in my own Home, had a white length of 21mm hose to use as the tank overflow, this was simply pushed into a short piece of rigid plastic pipe as it exited the wall, it is a tight fit and does not leak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back