Water spurting from tap - issue with me or flat above?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live on the ground floor of a converted house. Over the past couple of weeks, I've switched the taps on when I get up first thing in the morning to find water violently spurting out of them. It doesn't happen every day - just a couple of time so far.

On both occasions I have switched all the taps on and flushed the toilet to try and get rid of the air. It seems to work for a while. Is this something I can fix on my own? If so, what's the best way of finding and rectifying the problem? The flat upstairs is experiencing the same problem and they have had leaks in the past.

I have a combi boiler - don't know if that makes any difference? Any advice / guidance you wise owls can hoot down?

Sponsored Links
Most posters who come on here are desperate to have water violently spurting out of their taps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back